Remember the Nokia Car Mode app we reported about in September last year? Well, it’s been a few months now but Nokia has finally completed the app and put it up for download. According to an announcement on the official Nokia Blog today, Nokia Care Mode is now available to the public. The app gives your Nokia phone a “car mode” that makes operating the phone while driving more manageable. The app also features a MirrorLink version that provides MirrorLink support with compatible cars, so you can hook up your phone to your car and control the phone via its infotainment system.
Nokia Car Mode offers Nokia’s turn-by-turn navigation, traffic updates, Nokia Music and voice calls while driving. The app can be downloaded on the Nokia Store now and is available for all Nokia Belle phones, with N9 support arriving at a future date. Nokia Car Mode is free while Nokia Car Mode with MirrorLink will set you back about $28.
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset
- 2014-04-02: Nokia Announces New Badges Program To Reward Their Developers
- 2014-03-07: Nokia Brags About Windows Phone Apps
- 2014-03-03: Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms
- 2014-02-26: Nokia Launches Contest To Attract Android Developers
- 2014-02-26: Pebble App Ported Onto The Nokia XL