The next generation Microsoft Surface, known as the Samsung SUR40, has begun to ship to those who have deep pockets, and to top it all off, this picked up a CES Best of Innovations 2012 gong. This is the fruit of a collaboration between Samsung and Microsoft, where Microsoft Surface 2.0 software and touch technology has been incorporated into an interactive and engaging 40″ Full HD LCD display which can be used as a table in a horizontal orientation, or you can opt to mount it vertically on a wall, or embed in different fixtures and furniture.
This interactive, collaborative multi-touch device, will come in a thin, 4″ profile and generous screen real estate. It incorporates Samsung’s LCD panel capability with touch technology, merging Microsoft’s massive multi-touch and object recognition software in order to maximize the performance of a brand new type of touch screen technology known as PixelSense. With PixelSense, LCD panels are able to “see” without requiring cameras. The SUR40 recognizes fingers and hands, in addition to other objects that are placed on the screen, supporting up to 50 points of contact simultaneously. Pricing of the Samsung SUR40 start from $8,400 just for the display, and if you want it to come with a tabletop unit and matching stand, then be prepared to fork out a cool $9,049.
Next Story: Apple to make waterproof iPhones?
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-03-03 Microsoft-Nokia Deal Reportedly Draws Concerns From Rivals In China
- 2014-01-21 Apple Falls Behind Sony, Samsung, Microsoft In Customer Satisfaction Survey
- 2013-12-12 Microsoft Reportedly Offers Samsung $1 Billion If It Continues To Make Windows Phone Devices
- 2013-11-27 Microsoft Targets The Galaxy Tab In Ad This Time Around
- 2013-11-07 Apple Given "World's Most Valuable Brand" Title For The 3rd Year In A Row