It is still hard to believe that just a couple of years ago, Palm was still there at CES, with their very own presentation room (that served great canapes, sushi and tapas), while we journalists could slowly go through the different aspects of webOS across a handful of devices. Fast forward by 700+ days, and how things have changed! There is no more webOS – or so we think, what with the big blow late last year when the HP TouchPad was pulled off the shelves shortly after it was introduced, only to have the remaining stock cleared thanks to a firesale. Well, do remember that HP still officially supports the webOS platform, and the latest Over The Air (OTA) update comes in the form of webOS 3.0.5, where you will find features such as faster switching in Calendar views, IM presence indicators and faster scrolling in Email, support for HTTP Live Streaming, the ability to easily toggle auto-correction on or off, and an option you can set so that a period will be inserted when you press the space bar twice come in handy during your communication with others using your webOS-powered tool of choice.
Not only that, an update to webOS 2.2.4 was also recently made available for unlocked Pre 2 and AT&T, Verizon, and unlocked Pre 3 handsets. Pre 2 owners will most probably be happy with this update since it delivers improvements in Skype voice calling and messaging, not to mention MAP for Bluetooth. As for the rest, Messaging, Calendar, and Contacts enhancements are part of the webOS 2.2.4 update. Have you given it a go already, and how do you find it?
- 2013-12-30 'Cards' Interface Rumored For LG WebOS TV
- 2013-12-24 HP Smartphones Rumored To Be Making A Return
- 2013-12-19 LG WebOS TV Will Be Unveiled At CES 2014
- 2013-09-17 HP Blasts Rumors That It Is Making A Smartphone
- 2013-06-20 webOS Like Fate Predicted For Windows RT
- 2013-02-25 LG Acquires webOS From HP For Use In Smart TVs
- 2012-09-14 HP CEO hints at a future smartphone
- 2012-08-16 HP resurrects WebOS using Gram