If you happen to reside in Germany and make use of the iCloud as well as MobileMe email service from Apple, then surely you would have noticed that access to those have been suspended. Apple has stepped forward to say that this is so because of the “recent patent litigation by Motorola Mobility”, where “iCloud and MobileMe users are currently unable to have iCloud and MobileMe email pushed to their iOS devices while located within the borders of Germany.” Push still functions just fine for Contacts and Calendars, although Apple’s German support site did request for folks to make use the Fetch settings on their iOS device in order to pick up emails. Guess a workaround is not too hard although it might invite a little bit of work on the user’s part. You can check out how to get around the suspension of services through the Apple US or Apple Germany support sites.
Next Story: Google to enter 7" tablet market?
- 2013-11-22 Dropbox CEO Reveals Steve Jobs Wanted To Kill Off Their Service
- 2013-10-01 Former MobileMe Users Now Being Shifted To Standard iCloud Storage
- 2013-09-17 iCloud Website Gets An iOS 7 Makeover
- 2013-08-23 Apple's iWork For iCloud Beta Now Available To All
- 2013-08-22 Apple’s iCloud Service Experienced Downtime Today
- 2012-09-24 MobileMe users reach end of iCloud storage road
- 2011-08-26 MobileMe/iCloud phishing scam on the rise again
- 2011-08-08 Apple kills off MobileMe sync for keychains, widgets, accounts, and preferences officially
- 2011-05-13 MobileMe no longer on sale at Amazon.com: replacement on its way?