On the iPad’s flat screen, physical and digital realms meet. How so, you ask? Well, this year’s International Toy Fair that is held in New York saw Mattel unveil a set of toy figurines which can play popular entertainment titles (read: games) on the iPad, ranging from the ever popular Angry Birds to Fruit Ninja and Cut the Rope. The introduction of Apptivity toys will feature touch-sensitive contacts on the bottom, letting users unlock special game modes which then brings a whole new level of interactivity with the iPad, where you can use the toy model to enhance your gaming experience. For example, the Sensei toy in Fruit Ninja allows gamers to push fruits and bombs off a conveyor belt, while the Hot Wheels game app enables you to drive a real model car on the iPad, navigating it intuitively. No word on a concrete release date, but there are whispers going around that the Hot Wheels bundle will hit store shelves this May for $19.99.
Next Story: Netflix has DVD-only plans now
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"