MTV has just announced the release of an update to its popular music discovery app – MTV Music Meter 2.0. Available on Android and iOS device, the app allows users to follow and stay up to date with their favorite artists, as well as check out song samples, music videos, photos, news, similar artists and rank them. Since its release in March 2011, the app has been downloaded over a million times.
Version 2.0 introduces a bunch of new features such as the ability to discover where and when trending artists are performing near you with tour date integration provided by Songkick. A new genre selector has also been included, which lets users view artist rankings by music categories including Up & Coming, Rock, Hip-Hop, Indie and Electronic Dance Music.
However, the app now includes ads – which may or may not bother some people, though it gives users a way to discover more content and products. MTV Music Meter is available now as a free download on the Android Market or Apple App Store. Sounds like a pretty handy tool for discovering new music. Give it a go and let us know what you think.
Next Story: Sony emails customers about name change
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-01-16: Apple And Google Remove Plastic Surgery Game From Their App Stores
- 2014-01-15: News Republic 4.0 Features Smart Recommendations
- 2014-01-08: MTV Launches Optimized TV Everywhere
- 2013-11-26: Assassin's Creed Pirates Headed Onto iOS And Android December 5th
- 2013-08-13: MTV Launches Video Streaming App For Xbox 360
- 2013-07-17: MTV To Announce VMA Nominees Via Vine And Instagram Video
- 2013-06-25: MTV Uses Snapchat To Promote Geordie Shore
- 2013-04-15: White Tuxedo Monster DNA Headphones Debut At 2013 MTV Movie Awards