MTV has just announced the release of an update to its popular music discovery app – MTV Music Meter 2.0. Available on Android and iOS device, the app allows users to follow and stay up to date with their favorite artists, as well as check out song samples, music videos, photos, news, similar artists and rank them. Since its release in March 2011, the app has been downloaded over a million times.
Version 2.0 introduces a bunch of new features such as the ability to discover where and when trending artists are performing near you with tour date integration provided by Songkick. A new genre selector has also been included, which lets users view artist rankings by music categories including Up & Coming, Rock, Hip-Hop, Indie and Electronic Dance Music.
However, the app now includes ads – which may or may not bother some people, though it gives users a way to discover more content and products. MTV Music Meter is available now as a free download on the Android Market or Apple App Store. Sounds like a pretty handy tool for discovering new music. Give it a go and let us know what you think.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Android, apps, iOS, mtv,