[MWC 2012] In order for Nokia and Microsoft to gain a foothold with Windows Phone devices in developing markets, a budget Windows Phone device is a good way to do so, and if you’re after such a device then perhaps the Nokia Lumia 610 could be the phone that you are looking for.
The device was previously rumored, which then gain some credibility thanks to it receiving certification for a certain number of countries, but thanks to today’s announcement by Nokia at MWC 2012, we now have official confirmation that the device does indeed exist. The Nokia Lumia 610 will the Finnish company’s most affordable Windows Phone handset to date, which Nokia claims while it is affordable, will not be seeing any compromise on quality.
The Nokia Lumia 610 will also come with a host of Nokia exclusive features, such as Nokia Maps, Nokia Drive, Nokia Music and the new Nokia Transport. This new feature will provide commuters with door-to-door and step-by-step directions, along with bus/train/tram schedules for a majority of cities around the world. Users can also pin a schedule they have chosen to the tiles on their home screen to allow for easy access.
As far as the rest of the Lumia 610′s specs are concerned, expect to find a 3.7″ 800×480 WVGA TFT touchscreen display, an 800MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 processor under the hood with 256MB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, a 5MP rear-facing camera with LED flash, along with a 1,300mAh battery.
Nokia will be rolling out the Lumia 610 in Q2 of 2012, and keeping true to their promise of a budget smartphone, the Lumia 610 will come with a pretty affordable price tag of 189 EUR (~$254). It will also be available in four different colors – white, cyan, magenta and black.
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 900 announced for worldwide release
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-02-23: Microsoft 'Less Excited' About Nokia's Android Ambitions
- 2013-02-24: Nokia Lumia 520 should be called Lumia Mini
- 2012-02-27: Nokia Lumia 610 hands on
- 2012-02-27: Nokia Lumia 900 announced for worldwide release
- 2012-02-16: Nokia Lumia 610 confirmed via certification