If you’re in the market for a speaker dock for your iOS device, you might be interested in taking a look at what Philips has recently unveiled in the form of the DS6100. Sporting a pretty sleek design, it seems that this particular speaker dock was designed with Apple’s design philosophy in mind and it even looks right at home when placed under your iMac.
It is made out of aluminum and sports a pair of neodymium speakers with 20W of total power which should do a pretty decent job, at least compared to the tiny built-in speakers on the iPhone/iPod. However thanks to its AUX-in port, the Philips DS6100 can be used with a variety of other gadgets, such as with the iMac and will allow for “easy connection to almost any electronic device”. If you like what you are seeing, you’ll be pleased to hear that Philips is expected to start shipping the DS6100 speaker dock come May 2012 and is expected to retail for $179.99.
- 2014-04-16: The Philips W6618 Smartphone Comes With A Whopping 5,300mAh Battery
- 2014-04-07: Philips HomeSafe Wireless System Offers Access To Lifeline
- 2014-03-27: Philips Hue Tap Switch Runs On Kinetic Energy
- 2014-03-17: Philips Unveils Miracast Monitor
- 2014-02-17: Philips' Smart Lighting Wants To Change The Way We Shop