Remember the super small Linux-based computer known as the Raspberry Pi? This sweet digital dessert is on track for a launch later this month, where the company behind it claims that the first batch will be completed this coming February 20. Costing less than $35 a pop, it is roughly the size of a deck of playing cards, and will come with a 700MHz ARM11 CPU and 256MB RAM. There will be another model which has lower specifications that is $10 more affordable, although the $35 model will hit the market first at the end of February barring any production delays. What are the other things that we already know about the Raspberry Pi? For starters, it is said to have double the graphics speed of the iPhone 4S (which is useless unless developers do something about that potential) and supports AirPlay. Will you be picking up the Raspberry Pi when it hits the streets?
Next Story: Tweet heart by Ben Heck
- 2014-04-08: Raspberry Pi Compute Module Introduced
- 2014-03-31: See Quake III Played On A Raspberry Pi
- 2014-03-23: Raspberry Pi HDMI Input Capability Via Kickstarter Project
- 2014-03-11: Raspberry Pi Add-On Sound Card
- 2013-11-18: Raspberry Pi Sales Cross 2 Million