Let’s face it, when you hear the name Rovio, you think Angry Birds, and why not? It is after all the company’s most successful game and has since spawned numerous iterations based on the holidays, the different seasons in the year, soft toys, clothing, a theme park (although unofficial), and has even been used by the Korean police to help curb violence in schools. So what does the company have up their sleeves next? Well according to an interview with AllThingsD, Rovio’s CEO revealed that his company was working on an all-new non-Angry Birds game.
Well apart from that teaser, the CEO deigned to reveal more information, but did mention that the title to this mysterious game will be available in a couple of months. So, any speculation on what Rovio could come up with? While we do think it’s about time that the company focused their efforts on a new project, we have to wonder if this endeavor will be able to reach the same level of popularity and cult-like status that Angry Birds has managed to achieve so far.
Next Story: ViewSonic reveals their MWC 2012 lineup
- 2014-03-17: Angry Birds Epic Soft Launched In Several Countries Today
- 2014-03-07: Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13: Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12: Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-28: Rovio Denies Allowing NSA To Spy On Users