When the name Samsung Galaxy Beam is mentioned, what comes to mind? If you were thinking about an Android smartphone with a built-in projector, then yes you would be right on the money! The device will sport an ultra-bright 15 lumens fully built-in projector that Samsung claims will allow for use even in outdoor environments, and if you’re the type that needs to make presentations on the go, then perhaps the Samsung Galaxy Beam might be a device worth your consideration.
The device will come with Android 2.3 Gingerbread preinstalled along with a 2,000mAh battery. Interestingly the Samsung Galaxy Beam measures 12.5mm thick, which while not exactly slim by today’s standards, is somewhat impressive given that it packs a full built-in projector. The projector will be able to project displays of up to 50” wide, and will come with an accompanying projector-dedicated app to allow for easy selection of content and projection.
As far as the rest of its hardware is concerned, the Samsung Galaxy Beam will sport a 4” 480×800 WVGA TFT display, with a 1GHz dual-core processor under its hood, 768MB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage that can be expanded by an additional 32GB via microSD card. It will also feature a 5MP rear-facing camera with built-in flash, a 1.3MP front-facing camera and will be able to record/playback videos in 720p HD quality at 30fps.
Unfortunately Samsung did not mention as to when the Galaxy Beam will be seeing a launch, nor how much it will cost, but check back with us as we’ll keep you updated!
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2012-03-20: Samsung Galaxy Beam arriving in Asia next month?
- 2012-02-28: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Preview
- 2012-02-28: Galaxy Note 10.1 Preview
- 2012-02-27: Samsung Galaxy Beam demonstrated on video
- 2012-02-26: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is official