Last week Skype reported hitting an all-time high of 32 million users online at the same time. Well today, the VOIP service has reported that it has managed to surpass the milestone. According to Skype, they hit 34 million users who were online at the same time. It wasn’t mentioned what was the exact reason to why the sudden jump in numbers, but it might be due to the buzz surrounding the Oscars (and Angelina Jolie’s leg), NASCAR Daytona 500, or the fact that Skype is now available for Windows Phone devices. It’s good to know that Skype can handle so much traffic without any noticeable slowdowns or problems. Now let’s see how long it’ll take to hit 40 million.
- 2014-04-14 Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-10 Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08 Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02 Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced
- 2014-04-01 Skype Could Feature New Chat UI For Windows Desktop
- 2012-02-24 Skype: over 32 million signed in at the same time