Being in the military often gives you access to cool technology which intend to aid you on the battlefield. Well, Solar Stik has come up with a new solar charger that was specially designed to offer U.S. Special Operations Forces (SOF) as well as other conventional military forces a man-portable/wearable solar generator. Known as the Wearable Advanced Solar Pak (or WASP for short), it relies on the X-90 multi-chemistry battery charger as the core component of the WASP. For those who are not in the know, the X-90 can rapidly charge multiple military battery types, such as the hugely popular BB-2590 rechargeable Li-Ion battery.
Integrating the X-90 with the right flexible solar panels, cables, connectors, and carriers will result in a “Plug & Play” man-portable, or wearable solar generator. You will be able to select from three versions – where they carry 30W, 60W, and 120W flexible solar panels respectively. Touted to offer “the lightest and fastest battery charging capability available for individual BB-2590/U Li-Ion, BB-590/U NiCd, and BB-390B/U NiMH batteries”, the WASP is said to boast charge rates that are nearly double the speed of its closest competitor, the Rucksack Enhanced Portable Power System (REPPS) by Bren-Tronics. [Press Release]
Next Story: Alibaba might go private for $2.3 billion
- 2014-04-14: Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08: Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02: Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17: Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth