The PlayStation Vita will be out later this week, but some of you folks are already holding one thanks to the first edition bundles that went up on sale last week. Well for those of you who already have a Vita or will be getting one, Sony has pushed out a new update for the console. The update bumps the PlayStation Vita up to version 1.61 and will introduce the following features for folks who turn on the Vita for the first time:
The addition of the Maps app, video recording is enabled, you can now publish stories about products you rate on the PlayStation Store to Facebook, In near, players’ info is now displayed on the Discoveries screen, with a list of the online IDs of up to 100 players that you have encountered as well as access to their profile. The Mac OS version of Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation has also been released, while the Windows version has been updated.
To update your PlayStation Vita, just go to Settings > System Update while connected to the internet over WiFi, or you can do it via the Content Manager Assistant on your PS3, Windows PC or Mac.
Next Story: Rinspeed Dock+Go works your smart car
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2013-10-22: PSN Holds Halloween Sale Dropping Prices On The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead And More
- 2013-10-07: PS4 Dedicated App 'PS4 Link' Releasing On PlayStation Vita In November
- 2013-10-01: PS4, PS Vita Bundle Being Reconsidered By Sony
- 2013-09-09: Sony Publishes Promotional Video Highlighting New PS Vita, PlayStation Vita TV
- 2013-09-09: PlayStation Vita TV Won't Run All Vita Games