It looks like Nokia Astound owners on T-Mobile won’t be receiving the Nokia Belle update on their phones. In case you didn’t know, the Nokia Astound is the T-Mobile rebranded version of the Nokia C7 – one of the devices that was on the list of devices that were supposed to get the update. However, when a customer reached out to Nokia US about the update through Twitter, the following reply was sent:
“Thanks for your patience @bittersw8regene. Unfortunately the Nokia Astound on T-Mobile will not be updated to Nokia Belle.”
There was no explanation to why it won’t be getting the update – perhaps a move by the carrier to get its customers to purchase another device? Regardless, Astound owners will have to keep their fingers crossed for an unofficial way to update the phone if they’re hoping to see Nokia Belle on it. Any Astound owners out there disappointed by the announcement?
Next Story: PS Vita unboxing
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-02-13: T-Mobile To End Nokia Lumia 810 Updates
- 2013-10-31: T-Mobile Won't Offer Nokia's Latest Devices [Rumor]
- 2013-07-26: MetroPCS Adds Nokia Lumia 521, LG Optimus F3 While Expanding Coverage
- 2011-03-07: T-Mobile to release the Nokia C7 as Tiger?