Looking for a coffee table that’s more interesting than your plain ol’ regular one sitting in your living room? The 3G Zen coffee table might be right up your alley. Made from environment friendly bamboo this special table features electronics and robotics that sculpt geometric patterns and images into a field of microscopic silicone beads beneath a glass top. Patterns and drawings are preloaded onto an SD card for the table to read and sculpt onto the beads that are protected by an extremely strong tempered glass, and a dimmer switch lets you control the brightness of the built-in lighting.
It works with an optional 3G model that can be used to receive new programs for sculpting as well as new designs. Users will also be able to send commands from a smartphone to play games or send messages to be displayed on the table. There will also be a desktop version that is much smaller in size and comes in a kit or a ready-built unit.
The project recently completed its round of funding on Kickstarter, exceeding its $25,000 goal so it should be in production soon. No word on when it will be made available to the public by ordinary means, but if you’re interested in finding out more, check out the demonstration video or visit the Kickstarter page.RELATED
- PiixL Jetpack: A Small Enough PC To Be Tucked Behind Your Flat Screen TV
- Natural Machines' 3D Printed Pizza Actually Looks Edible
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Follow: coffee table, kickstarter,
- Seen at: bornrich