Yes, the release of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy S2 has gone through some rather turbulent times, originally being announced before it was refuted. The update will roll out in Europe first, including Poland, Hungary, Sweden, and Korea – before gradually rolling out to other markets worldwide. This Ice Cream Sandwich update will not only be available for the Galaxy S2, but also brings the Galaxy Note, Galaxy S2 LTE, Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1 up to date in due time.
Of course, for those who are still running on Android 2.2 Froyo, good news – Samsung will make available Android 2.3 Gingerbread for the Galaxy S, Galaxy Tab 7”, Galaxy S Plus, Galaxy S SCL(Super Clear LCD), and Galaxy W from the end of March onwards. It really depends on the market and wireless carriers’ requirements where the Ice Cream Sandwich update is concerned. Are you looking forward for some Ice Cream Sandwich update action on your device? [Press Release]RELATED
- Zagat Update Brings New Tablet UI And More
- Google Maps On iOS Can Now Find Your Flight, Hotel, Restaurant Reservations
- Google Maps iOS And Android Apps Updated With Gmail Integration
- Instagram Direct Messaging Service Announced
- Android Device Manager Mobile App Finally Released
- Follow: Android, ice cream sandwich, Samsung,