Just yesterday we reported on an alleged leak of the upcoming and highly-anticipated Samsung Galaxy S3, and now it looks like more photos have surfaced although this time instead of a rendering, it appears to be of the device in real life and running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich sans Samsung’s TouchWiz UI. According to the Reddit user who uploaded the photo:
Backstory: I am using a throwaway and I’m not going to disclose ANY information about his job because it could jeopardize it. He sent me this picture (I know, he shouldn’t have used the flash but i guess we will take what we can get). Ok he gave me some specs as well. He said that it will possibly have two optional launchers, ICS with touchwiz overlay and vanilla ICS. They aren’t 100 percent sure if they will stick with touchwiz or have the dual launcher option. If they go dual, you will have the option of picking which one to use at startup, and you can change any time. He said it has a 4.7 inch screen that nearly takes up the whole phone, but some bezel space was needed for the camera, , speakers, mic, and so cases would fit on it. He said it WILL be HD and have a ceramic “micro arc oxidation” back.
He said the processor is a quad core exynos (spelling?) 4412. The screen is Super Amoled Plus with HD. The camera is a 12 megapixel with flash. 2 gigs of ram. And it is exactly 8 millimeters thick, and no bump this time around, just “smooth”. 2250 milla-amp/hour battery, but no wireless charging.
What do you guys think? A photoshop job or are we looking at the real thing here?
Next Story: Motorola DROID Fighter shows up on camera?
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2012-09-06: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA update leaked for T-Mobile's Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999
- 2012-05-03: 4.6" Samsung Galaxy S3 with 8MP camera suggested in retailer's newsletter
- 2012-05-02: Alleged Samsung Galaxy S3 screen protector "confirms" larger display size and shape
- 2012-04-26: Alleged Samsung GT-I9300 (Galaxy S3?) service manual leaked
- 2012-04-20: Alleged Samsung GT-I9300 (Galaxy S3?) caught on video