There have been plenty of exploding phone stories in the past, and today it looks like we’ve got one more to add to the mix. Mashable recently posted an article detailing the experience of a woman who had her iPhone 4 “burst into smoke” while she was sleeping in a hotel room. The iPhone 4 was plugged into an Apple charger on the nightstand next to the bed when early in the morning she woke up to a strange smell and noticed sizzling and popping noises from the phone. As the room filled up with smoke, she used her laptop case to pick up the phone and throw it into the hotel room sink.
It wasn’t mentioned what caused the iPhone to behave this way, but it sure seems like a problem with the phone’s battery as opposed to a problem with the phone. Such manufacturing defects are bound to happen, especially when you take into account how many iPhones Apple has sold.
Apparently when she told Apple about the experience, they refused to publicly acknowledge the incident to other iPhone owners (though they did give her a replacement iPhone 4) – hence her bringing the story to Mashable. You can view more photographs and read the full report at the source link below.RELATED
- Apple Patent Reveals Plans For Facial Detection And Recognition
- WhatsApp Finally Receives iOS 7 Update
- Screenshot Of Pre-registration Page For New iPhones On China Mobile Surfaces
- Half Of iPhone 5c Owners Come From Android
- New iPhones Continue To Dominate Japan's Smartphone Market
- Follow: iPhone, iphone 4,
- Seen at: mashable