So you’ve gotten yourself the new iPad, and one of the first few apps that you downloaded straight away was Facebook. Unfortunately while developers were busy trying to optimize their apps for the new iPad’s Retina display, it seems that Facebook’s last update was back in December of 2011, so needless to say that it has not yet been updated with support for the iPad’s new resolution. However according to a screenshot sent in to Macrumors, a UK resident spotted in his App Store a hint that seemed to suggest that an update for Facebook is on its way with support for the iPad’s Retina display. However based on the comments left on websites and the reviews given for the official iOS Facebook app, it seems that Facebook has a lot more they need to fix apart from simply updating its user interface to match the new iPad’s display. No word on when we could be seeing the update, but check back with us from time to time as we will keep you informed of the situation.
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2012-05-02: Screenshots of Facebook Messenger for iPad spotted
- 2011-12-27: Facebook iPad app to support Timeline next year
- 2011-09-27: Facebook for iPad app to launch on October 4th?
- 2011-08-04: GameBox app lets you play Facebook games on your iPad