The new iPad was introduced just a couple of days ago, and the naming convention definitely caught a lot of people by surprise. Of course, a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet, and the same case applies here with the new iPad. So much for the iPad 3 or the iPad HD, right? Having said that, we also know that there is a very high possibility of a new iPhone in the pipeline, and instead of calling it the iPhone 5, perhaps Apple might be looking into rebooting the smartphone’s name and starting all over again – in the same vein as that of the new iPad, of course.
Would you like the new iPhone moniker, or would you prefer a numerical suffix at the end of it? Perhaps, as Apple moves towards simplifying their product lines, and cutting down the number in the name would have a certain amount of mileage. There are also whispers that the new iPhone will, in all probability, run on iOS 6, touted to be the next version of Apple’s mobile operating system.
Next Story: Hex Code Folio case for the iPad
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-11-06: Pebble Smart Watch Update for IOS 7 and SDK 2.0
- 2013-06-13: Apple Considering iPhones With 4.7-Inch, 5.7-Inch Display [Rumor]
- 2013-04-15: Foxconn Hiring New Employees To Build The iPhone 5S
- 2013-04-11: Apple To Pay $53 Million In iPhone Warranty Lawsuit