It looks like Samsung is pulling a leaf out of Apple’s playbook by patenting generic ideas. According to reports online, Samsung has been reported to have a patent application for “a printed film layer stuck onto a smartphone case stuck onto a smartphone’s case, which aligns with images on the display and gives the impression of a seamless all-over skin.” Maybe if it wasn’t already done before, the patent application would have made sense – now it looks like no other companies will be able to come up with similar phone skin + wallpaper combos without Samsung’s permission. Oh well, it’s not like they were very popular to begin with – anybody out there with matching stickers and wallpapers on your phones?RELATED
- Vivo Sends Out Invites For Xplay 3S Event In China
- Oppo Teases Find 7 As "Coming Soon"
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Reportedly Enters Production
- Samsung Loses iOS Embargo And Request For Damages In South Korea
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Follow: patent, Samsung,
- Seen at: engadget