If you happen to have a couple of turntables lying around the house, we’ve got the perfect project for you this weekend: use them to create a drawing machine. No idea where to start? Maybe the video above can help inspire you. Robert Howsare, a printmaking MFA student at Ohio University did the aforementioned on a shoestring budget of less than $50 with two turntables lying around the house.
In addition to the turntables, he had some planks of wood, binding screws, machine screws, old records, and a sharpie mounted on a clothespin. Called the “Drawing Apparatus”, this contraption is really one of a kind and is pretty entertaining to watch, despite the repetitive motions. Check out the drawings it can make at the source link below. Just when you thought turntables were only good for playing music!
Next Story: HTC One X takes stunning photographs
- 2014-03-27: DIY ‘Cyclops’ Laser Visor Lets You Cosplay As An X-Man
- 2014-03-26: Gamebuino, The Arduino Handheld Console
- 2014-03-10: Fully Functioning LEGO Keyboard Is The Coolest Thing Ever
- 2014-02-27: Toro-bots Help Out In Your Garden Reorganization Effort
- 2014-01-19: Novena Open Laptop Prototype