Samsung Canada has announced a software update rollout for 9 devices that will bring Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to users as per carriers over the remaining quarter. The rollout for the devices begins today and the list of the devices is as follows: The Galaxy S II, Galaxy S II LTE, Galaxy S II LTE HD, Galaxy S II X, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Tab 7.0, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, Galaxy Tab 8.9 and Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Of course the good thing about this announcement is that the devices will get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich which allegedly enhances overall performance as well as battery life and brings with it features such as Face Unlock as well as Android Beam which can be supported by NFC capable devices.
However, another interesting thing here is that prior to this announcement, there has been no word on devices like the Samsung’s Galaxy Note and a few other devices getting the update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. If this bit of information is anything to go by, users who have been waiting for such a long time for their serving of the delectable Ice Cream Sandwich might have something to rejoice about soon here in the States since the software is soon to be available for the northern neighbors.
As for the popular Galaxy Note, this would mean that Samsung have finally finished the addition of the Premium Suite of apps which are exclusively for the S-Pen on the ‘phablet’. Of course since Samsung hasn’t officially announced anything in the States yet, we still might have a bit of a wait on our hands but given the announcement up north, we can only hope it’s sooner rather than later.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2012-11-22: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 WiFi Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update
- 2012-08-28: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wi-Fi gets Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade in the US
- 2012-07-13: Galaxy Note receives Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-07-12: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch from Sprint gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-07-09: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note to get Ice Cream Sandwich tomorrow