Today Adobe officially launched its Creative Cloud and CS6 Suite. We have published about Creative Cloud when it was announced in October 2011, on the day Adobe launched its Touch Apps suite, a collection of creative application for Android tablets.
After paying a monthly fee of $49.99, Creative Cloud subscribers will be able to download and use (offline, on desktop) any CS6 tool or Touch App*, and access automatic cloud sync and storage (up to 20 GB) for viewing, editing or commenting on files from anywhere on multiple devices. A “Team” subscription will be available later for $69.99 per month and per user that will give access to more storage and allow IT management. Later this year, Creative Cloud will have its own community where members will have the opportunity to share projects, seek help and exchange tips and tricks.
Additionally Creative Cloud will include access to two new HTML5 products, Adobe Muse and Adobe Edge preview that are not included in CS6.
The new Creative Suite 6 features new versions of 13 products including Photoshop and Photoshop Extended, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash Pro and more. Acrobat and Flash Builder do not get updates, and Adobe combined its Web Suite and Design Suite in one “Design and Web Premium” ($1899) that includes Acrobat X Pro, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash Pro, InDesign, Illustrator and Photshop Extended. The Design Standard Suite containing only InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop will be available for $1299.
Creative Cloud and CS6 will be available in May.
*Touch Apps have to be purchased separately, files can be sync over Creative Cloud
- 2014-04-17: Eyefi Cloud Introduced
- 2013-09-25: RealNetworks Launches RealPlayer Cloud
- 2013-09-16: Box Notes Announced
- 2013-08-20: CloudBeat 2013, San Francisco Sept. 9-10
- 2013-05-06: Adobe Places Their Money On The Cloud
- 2013-01-03: Chicago Signs Four-Year Services Deal With Microsoft
- 2012-02-27: Adobe Photoshop Touch now on iPad
- 2012-02-21: AppSense launches DataVault
- 2011-11-14: Adobe Touch Apps hit the Android Market
- 2011-09-28: Jamcast enables on-demand digital audio streaming to your Android phone