The iPad speakers can get pretty loud, but unfortunately sometimes they just aren’t loud enough for use outdoors or in noisy environments. Not to mention due to their placement, sound seems to be pointing away from the user as opposed to towards. There are several solutions to combat this problem, one of which is the Amplifiear that basically cups the speaker in a cone-like device and redirects the sound towards you. The Foco Kickstarter project is no different but it sports a slightly different look and will hook onto your iPad by adhering to the back of your tablet via its sticky pad. It’s currently a Kickstarter project looking for funding and a pledge of $8 will ensure that you will receive it upon its release. Granted a pair of headphones will do the trick nicely, but if you’d rather not strap on a pair of headphones all day or invest in external speakers, this or the Amplifiear would make decent alternatives. Head on over to its Kickstarter page for the details.
- Radio Buttons Found On Jailbroken iPad Corroborates iTunes Streaming Service Rumor
- ORA: Ultimate Speaker Case and Stand for iPad
- This music box prototype lets you crank out tunes on your iPad by hand
- Spotify for iOS updated with radio streaming feature for both free and premium users
- The AmpliTube Slash is endorsed by Slash with his own pedals and amplifier effects