We’ve already seen the beautiful 3D landmarks in Google Maps that was launched in March. Google did promise to bring the experience to Google MapsGL. Google MapsGL is Google’s own Beta Maps technology that is powered by WebGL. The MapsGL lets you view 3D buildings, take 3D photo tours of significant landmarks, fly over 45-degree aerial view, and jump over to Street View – all without a plugin.
Google has just launched the optimized 3D experience to Google MapsGL. Using what the team calls “parallex”, Google MapsGL allow you to take different views of buildings in true 3D. But according to Sean Egan, a software engineer who is working for Google Maps, this is just one of the many things that Google is planning to launch. We’ve also witnessed the awesome 3D photo tours that delivers realistic perspectives and tours of buildings that you want to visit – without leaving your room. How cool is that?
- Google's Eric Schmidt Believes They're Sufficiently Protected From Government Spying
- Europol Warns That Data Theft On Public WiFi Is On The Rise
- Vine Updates TOS, Pornographic Material Will No Longer Be Allowed
- comiXology Experiences Security Breach, Password Reset Required
- Yahoo Maps Now Offers Indoor Navigation