So you are still trying your best to master the Nokia Lumia 900, hoping to eke out maximum performance from this puppy? Well, it seems that the good people over at Mobility Digest have uncovered a tweak for your Nokia Lumia 900 that will enable you to select between EDGE, 3G, or 4G data connectivity. This particular feature will not brick your handset in any way due to an installation or loading process, simply because it is already available on the Nokia Lumia 900, but has remained as stealthy as a Hydralisk on the battlefield. As with most Nokia handsets, there are different codes which allows you to launch diagnostic apps and utilities, and the Nokia Lumia 900 is no different. If you want to give it a go, type in ##3282# and open the Data Field Test utility. The moment the Data Field Test utility appears, press the 3 at the bottom of the screen so that you can tap and open up a Settings screen.
When in Settings, change the “Network type” from 2G or 3G only to Automatic. Tap back in order to return to the previous screen, pick the last option that has been labeled as “Toggle ENS (REBOOT)”. Click “Start” and wait for a few seconds, followed by clicking on “Stop.” The Nokia Lumia 900 will reboot at this point in time, so do not worry. Once the reboot is over, return to Settings and then Cellular, where you can then select your highest connection speed to Edge, 3G, or 4G. Needless to say, sticking to EDGE will definitely prolong the battery life on your Lumia 900 if you are not into data-intensive apps.
Next Story: Cube is a Google Maps game
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2013-05-08: AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone 7.8 Update Out Now
- 2013-02-28: Chrome Plated Nokia Lumia 900 Is Fancy Looking
- 2013-01-25: AT&T's Nokia Lumia 900 To Receive WP7.8 Update 30th January
- 2012-12-03: Windows Phone 7.8 spotted on the Nokia Lumia 900
- 2012-11-05: Nokia Lumia 900 with Windows Phone 7.8 seen in China?