A few days ago, it was reported that renowned designer Philippe Starck announced that he was working on a revolutionary Apple product. Naturally this was denied by Apple, but many immediately jumped to conclusions thinking that it might have something to do with the next-gen iPhone or the rumored Apple television. Unfortunately that is not the case. While gadget lovers might be disappointed, boating enthusiasts on the other hand now have something to look forward to. It has been officially confirmed by a spokesperson for Starck that what the designer was really working on was for a yacht commissioned by Steve Jobs.
The yacht was mentioned a couple of times in Walter Isaacson’s biography of Steve Jobs where it was revealed to be “sleek and minimalistic”, with the glass designed by the chief engineer of Apple’s retail stores, while the vessel itself will be built by custom yacht builder Feadship. Assuming Starck’s timeline is accurate, we could be seeing Steve Jobs’ yacht hit the open waters in the next eight months. It looks like fans of the designer who are looking forward to seeing Starck-inspired Apple products will be disappointed.
- 2014-04-22 Steve Jobs Might Be Portrayed By Leonardo DiCaprio
- 2014-04-16 Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-15 Steve Jobs Movie Will Not Be Directed By David Fincher
- 2014-03-20 Steve Jobs Movie Cast May Include Christian Bale In The Lead
- 2014-03-17 Steve Jobs Quotes App Rejected By Apple