The iPhone 3GS is a pretty popular option for those who want an iPhone device but would rather get it for free on contract. Given the tech is pretty old, we guess that’s just the preference of some. With the next-gen iPhone expected to be released later this year, that would pretty much make the iPhone 3GS about three generations old, so who would still want to get their hands on a 3GS when the iPhone 4, 4S and presumably 5 are available, right?
Don’t be so quick to discount the 3GS just yet as according to a Jeffries analyst, Peter Misek, he has asserted that Apple has signed an agreement with a “major global distributor” that will see the iPhone 3GS being sold as a pre-paid phone which will also double as a means to enter the developing market. According to his predictions, the iPhone 3GS could go on sale anywhere between $200-$250, making it a relatively affordable device for those who wish to own an iPhone device and not be tied to a contract. What do you guys think?
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display