Coca-Cola recently signed an agreement with ScanLife, a company that powers the BIDI mobile barcode service in Spain, in order to further consolidate the position of Coca-Cola as the leading beverage in that part of the world. QR code packaging in Coca-Cola cans are able to be scanned by any QR Code reader application, regardless of whether you are using a smartphone or tablet that runs on the iOS, Android or Windows Phone platforms. Once you have scanned the QR code, it will send content like UEFA’s EURO 2012 videos as well as Coca-Cola SmileWorld Coca-Cola’s online community to you. With this particular partnership, Coca-Cola will be able to strengthen its position as an innovative company which interacts with consumers from the packaging itself. QR codes are not the only way to reach out to its consumers, as the campaign will also be featured in TV commercials.
According to Paco Rodriguez, Digital Manager at Coca-Cola, “The results we have seen are extremely impressive. Thanks to intelligent QR Codes from the ScanLife platform we are able to constantly surprise our consumers with new content, strengthen our position in the mobile space, and understand what interests our consumers.”
Will something like this be featured in the US as well?
- 2013-11-07: Microsoft Demonstrates Xbox One Kinect QR Code Redemption [Video]
- 2013-07-02: Xbox One Kinect Will Recognize Redeemable QR Codes
- 2013-06-24: QR Codes On Sushi Provide Customers With Additional Information About Their Food
- 2013-05-28: Mercedes-Benz Is Hoping These QR Codes Will Help Save Lives
- 2013-02-25: MasterCard MasterPass Helps You Buy Stuff Without Needing A Register