We’ve done an extensive, almost exhaustive, news coverage about the Samsung Galaxy S3, currently considered by many as the hottest phone around based on news. But, as far as I remember, we never really confirmed that it sported Corning’s Gorilla Glass, right? Well, apparently none did because it was never confirmed by either Samsung or Corning. But today, Corning together with Samsung has finally confirmed via press release that their newly improved Gorilla Glass 2, first revealed at the CES this year, was used on the Galaxy S3.
Corning said that its Gorilla Glass 2 enables up to a 20 percent reduction in glass thickness, while maintaining the industry-leading scratch and damage resistance that consumers demand. “We are pleased to offer our customers the thin elegance and refined style of the GALAXY S III using Corning Gorilla Glass 2. New Corning Gorilla Glass 2 is an ideal solution for Samsung’s high-quality smartphones, enabling a superior touch experience and a lightweight and slim design, with the damage and scratch resistance consumers have come to expect,” said Hankil Yoon, Senior Vice President of Global Product Strategy at Samsung Electronics.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March
- 2014-01-16: Galaxy S3 Most Popular Samsung Smartphone In The U.S.