Students, listen up! It is time to live out the proverb, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”, which is why Microsoft decided to offer a free Xbox 360 with each PC purchased from May 20th onwards. This does not apply to just about any computer, as students in the US who pick up a qualifying Windows PC worth $699 or more at participating retailers will have to make more room in their car boot to stuff in a 4GB Xbox 360 console as well. This is not the first time that something like this has happened, as the same offer was put up last year as well. As for our friends living in the Great White North, this offer will kick off from May 18th onwards.
Make sure that you pick up your PC from one of the following participating retailers to qualify in the US though – and they are Best Buy, Dell.com, Fry’s Electronics, HPDirect.com, Microsoft Stores, and NewEgg.com. As for those living in Canada, the participating stores will include Best Buy, Dell.ca, Future Shop, Staples and The Source. Something tells me that those who pick up a fairly powerful PC might just prefer to stick to the error-laden Diablo 3 instead of playing with the entry level Xbox 360.
Next Story: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier trailer launched
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2013-10-30: Titanfall Completely Exclusive To Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC; Sequel May Not Be
- 2013-10-07: Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition Headed To PS4, PS3, Vita, Xbox 360, PC
- 2013-07-09: New Lost Planet 3 Trailer Features A Lot Of Internal Monlogue [Video]
- 2013-06-04: Skyrim Legendary Edition Now Available For PC, PS3, Xbox 360
- 2013-05-07: Bethesda Announces Wolfenstein: The New Order For 360, PS3, PC, Next-Gen