If you’re the type of person that’s particularly health conscious, or maybe even suffering from diabetes, you will be pleased to learn that Sanofi’s iBGStar has been approved by the FDA and is now available for purchase in the US. For those curious about the iBGStar, it is a device that connects to your iPhone, or iPod touch via the dock connector and will be able to take glucose readings and display the information on your phone. This will help users track their glucose levels throughout the day, carbohydrate intakes and even insulin doses for those who are diabetic.
So what about those times when your iPhone is out of battery? Fret not as iBGStar will come with a little display of its own that will provide the same readings, albeit not as detailed, which will be saved and uploaded to the iPhone when it has been powered back on. The data can also be shared via email which users can then send to their medical practitioners who can help check their levels and make sure that nothing is out of the ordinary. No word on pricing but according to Sanofi, the iBGStar should be available for purchase via Apple and Walgreens. [Press release]
- 2014-04-13: Possible iPhone 6 Production Tools And Schematics Spotted [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Apple Might Consider NFC For Next Generation iPhone
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2014-04-10: Analyst: iPhone 6 Sleep/Wake Button Could Be Relocated
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Recent Broadcom Hires Corroborates In-House Baseband Rumors