If you’ve always wanted an iPad case that could power your device using solar energy, the folks at Wireless NRG have released a solar-powered iPad case dubbed the KudoCase. If the accompanying image above did not already give it away, the KudoCase is a case for the iPad that comes with solar panels installed on the front. The solar panels will then be able to store energy from both indoor and outdoor light sources which in turn will charge the case’s built-in battery.
The battery is then used to power your iPad. Assuming you are able to constantly charge the case itself, in theory we guess you’d never have to plug your iPad into a wall socket or to your computer if you wish to charge the device. Alternatively the case also comes with a USB port that you can use to charge another device (like your iPhone) by plugging in the USB cable. Interested in going green and picking one up for yourself? The KudoCase is currently available on its website and will set you back $199.95.
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2011-10-27: Solar-powered iPads head to Zimbabwe
- 2011-08-10: Apple quietly rolls out updated recycling program
- 2011-07-11: Mini L Solarbag protects your iPad while going green
- 2011-02-03: Spark Tablet Case keeps your iPad safe and juiced up
- 2010-06-04: Concept: Solar Panel Bag For The iPad