At the beginning of last month, we talked about how Leisure Suit Larry’s creator, Al Lowe, has turned to crowdsourcing site Kickstarter to fund his next project – a remake of his classic, of course. Well, it seems that this experiment has proven to be a huge success, where Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards has actually picked up a grand total of $655,182, all contributed by 14,081 backers – which averages out to approximately $46 per person. The $15 pledge was obviously the most popular (as with most Kickstarter projects), but at least one person dropped $10,000 while another magnificent seven managed to scrounge around for $5,000 and more. For those who are looking forward to the remake of Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, just make sure you have an Android or iOS-powered devices where mobile gaming is concerned, while folks who prefer to get their gaming done at home can always play it on the Mac or PC this coming October.
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10