Mitsubishi is taking the Evo into the next level with its i-MiEV Evolution, a performance version of its i-MiEV electric car released last year. Apparently the Japanese car manufacturing company is prepping up for the annual Pile Peak Hill Climb on July 8 where electric cars will be competing in the Electric division. Mitsubishi said that its i-MiEV Evolution is based from a stock i-MiEV but with the specs heavily modified, as what you would expect from a performance car.
The i-MiEV Evolution will sport a completely new carbon fiber body with three 80 kilowatt electric motors – one at the front wheel and two at the rear. Mitsubishi said that the motors will be getting its power from a 35 kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack. According to CNET, Toyota will also join the Electric division with an undisclosed vehicle. A stock i- MiEV is expected to join the race as well using a single 49 kilowatt motor on the rear wheels, powered by a 16 kilowatt-hour battery pack. Now, all roads lead to The Race to the Clouds in Colorado two months from now.
- 2013-11-18: Mitsubishi Reveals Multi-modal Character-Input Interface For Chinese Language Car Navigation Systems
- 2013-11-18: Mitsubishi EMIRAI 2 Concept Car To Go On Display At Tokyo Motor Show
- 2013-10-03: Mitsubishi Car Display System Sports Free Form Screen
- 2013-10-02: Mitsubishi 100Gbps Optical Network Interconnect
- 2013-10-02: Mitsubishi 4K LaserVue LCD TV
- 2010-10-14: Mitsubishi Motors To Test Electric Pickup And Delivery Vehicle