I do know that there are good bacteria in my gut, millions of them hanging around to help break down the stuff that I eat. That idea, I am comfortable with, but to have a small snake robot crawl through my body as it helps assist a surgeon diagnose diseases as well as perform operations, that is where I would cringe. I suppose if it was a do-or-die situation, I would not mind having it go through my body. It reminds me far too much of the Chest Burster (of Alien fame) that has evolved from a Facehugger, gestating inside its host body before it matures further and bursts out of the chest of its host, killing the host at the same time. Well, if you are not queasy at the thought of having a creepy, metallic robot go through your body to perform surgery on your heart, help isolate cancer cells in your prostrate, as well as tend to other diseased organs, then this particular snakebot should be able to get the job done – especially when it carries small cameras, scissors and forceps, with the possibility of far more advanced sensors being in the pipeline.
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland