It looks like the folks over at Digitimes are back again with a new report, this time claiming that Pegatron has reportedly landed order for Apple’s next-generation iPhone which could be released as soon as this September. The website then goes on to claim that Foxconn will be the one responsible for putting together Apple’s rumored 7” tablet which is scheduled for an August release. Even more outlandishly, the website has also claimed that their sources have revealed to them that Pegatron will be responsible for a new 10” iPad that is scheduled for a launch in Q4 of 2012. Considering that Apple launched their third-generation iPad barely two months ago, a refresh seems very unlikely.
While a Q3/Q4 release of an iPhone seems plausible, it should be noted that Digitimes has a pretty hit and miss track record when it comes to Apply rumors, so we suggest taking this with a grain of salt for now. There have also been many rumors of a 7” iPad floating about lately, and while it remains to be seen if those rumors will pan out, they have been pretty persistent for the past several months. So what do you guys think? Will any of Digitimes’ claims come true?
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2013-07-23: iPhone 5S Pegged For Late September Release, No Retina iPad Mini This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-02-28: Apple iCloud Services Experiencing Ongoing Issues
- 2013-01-16: iPad Mini 2 With Retina Display, Cheaper iPhone, iPhone 5S Are All Coming This Year, Says Analyst
- 2012-08-20: Rumored iPad mini and next-gen iPhone components reveal 8-pin dock connector
- 2012-07-30: iPhone 5 to be announced on September 12th?