If you’re in the market for a new smartphone and you’re thinking about giving Microsoft’s Windows Phone platform a try, AT&T’s Samsung Focus 2 handset has officially been released, giving would-be smartphone customers an additional handset to choose from. For those wondering why the Focus 2 looks familiar, it is because it is none other than the SGH-i667 “Mandel” that many assumed would not be released since there has been no word about the device for quite a while. So how much will the Focus 2 cost you? A very affordable $50 but expect to be tied to a new two-year contract with AT&T.
For those wondering what their $50 will net them, expect to find a 4” AMOLED display, a front-facing VGA camera, a 5MP rear-facing camera that is capable of 720p HD video capture along with voice control and Bing integration, both of which are part of the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango platform. If you’re interested in getting your hands on the device, head on over to AT&T’s website to place your order.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-07: Samsung SM-W350F Could Be Another Windows Phone 8.1 Smartphone
- 2014-04-04: Samsung ATIV Core Mid-Ranged Windows Phone In The Works [Rumor]
- 2012-05-07: AT&T announces Samsung Focus 2 for $49.99
- 2011-10-28: AT&T announces a trio of new Windows Phones
- 2011-09-19: Samsung Focus S visits the FCC, headed for AT&T