What is the best smartphone in the world? Of course, we wouldn’t answer that question on your behalf. After all, you hold the answer to that question. We have different preferences, and we really respect that. But when you will ask that question to Wolfram Alpha, the popular answer engine that answers factual queries directly by computing the answer from structured data, it will give you the Nokia Lumia 900 4G as an answer. But no, Wolfram Alpha isn’t biased about Windows Phone. In fact, it’s basing its answer on “facts”. So far, the user satisfaction rates for the Lumia 900 in the United States happen to be high, hence, the reason for the answer.
That’s why when we heard that Siri, the iPhone 4S’s digital personal assistant, had the same answer. We weren’t really surprised. Although it may seem a bit odd that Apple’s own service would recommend another phone, apparently Siri looked for the answer on Wolfram Alpha as well. Siri went further by stating that the Cyan-colored Lumia 900 stands above all others, which is factually true when you check Wolfram Alpha. Although, we’re not really endorsing any phones here, it’s interesting to see Siri pointing out a rival device as the best handset.
- 2014-04-22: Over 1 Million Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Installs Estimated
- 2014-04-18: WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games