Despite reports of Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) facing a decline in logins, it looks like BioWare is still interested in rolling out patches for the game that will bring new content and features to players in hopes of keeping them entertained. Well if you enjoyed the 1.2 patch, it looks like BioWare has another patch planned in version 1.3 dubbed “Allies”. No word on when 1.3 will be released but according to BioWare’s Daniel Erickson (via IGN), it is supposedly on a shorter development cycle compared to 1.2, so hopefully it won’t be too long before players will be able to update SWTOR to it.
So what can players look forward to in version 1.3? For starters, it will introduce character transfers, legacy perks, earlier access to mounts, bonus XP modifiers for PvP and also the much requested group finder feature that allows players to band together and complete operations and flashpoints. However unlike World of Warcraft’s dungeon/raid finder system, SWTOR’s group finder system will currently be limited to players on the same server and will not be cross-server capable (hopefully that will change in the future). For more information on the upcoming patch, be sure to check out the preview in the video above.
- 2014-03-03: Remastered Mass Effect Trilogy Being Considered For PS4/Xbox One
- 2013-12-09: BioWare Hopes To Share More Mass Effect Details In 2014
- 2013-11-14: BioWare Unveils Sovereign Replica Statue
- 2013-08-01: Star Wars: The Old Republic Skips On Subscriber Reward Due To "Technical Hurdles"
- 2013-06-06: Star Wars: The Old Republic Asia Pacific Servers Shutting Down In Next Few Months
- 2012-07-31: Star Wars: The Old Republic adds free-to-play option
- 2012-07-10: Star Wars: the Old Republic to offer free trials
- 2012-04-25: SWTOR is reportedly facing a decline in logins
- 2012-01-20: BioWare details upcoming Star Wars: The Old Republic changes