If you’d rather not wait for your carrier to bring in the Samsung Galaxy S3, or if you’d like the bragging rights to be one of the first people in the US to own the Galaxy S3, you might be interested to learn that Amazon has listed the Samsung Galaxy S3 for sale. The only caveat here is that the device is unlocked and off-contract, meaning that there will be no carrier subsidies and you would basically be paying full retail price. This would also mean that you will be able to choose between AT&T or T-Mobile as your carrier of choice.
The good news aside, the bad news is that unfortunately the phone will not be shipped with LTE radios on board. This means that the best connection you will be getting from the device will either be AT&T’s HSPA+ or T-Mobile’s EDGE. If you’re fine with those speeds, Amazon is currently offering the handset for a whopping $799.99 and has revealed that the device will be released on the 1st of June which isn’t too long after our friends in Europe have officially gotten their hands on the device. So if the slower data speeds and full retail price has not put you off, head on over to Amazon’s website for the details.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-01: Samsung Galaxy S5 Release: Third Party Retailers Jump The Gun
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website