Gran Turismo is a racing car game franchise that has been developed exclusively for PlayStation systems, and while the latest Gran Turismo looks amazing on the PlayStation 3, could we expect the game to eventually make its way onto Sony’s latest console, the PlayStation Vita? That might not really be a stretch of the imagination as according to an IGN reader, as part of an online survey he was asked to take, one particular question stood out which seemed to suggest that Gran Turismo could be arriving on the PS Vita.
The question came in the form of, “You told us earlier how interested you would be in buying the PS Vita version of the latest Gran Turismo game [...] Knowing that you might be able to get a discount on the PS3 version of the game, how interested are you now in the PS Vita version?” Of course this doesn’t actually confirm the game and when GameSpot reached out to Sony for confirmation, they responded by saying that they don’t comment on rumors or speculation.
This isn’t a flat out denial which companies tend to do when rumors are completely false (i.e. Samsung denying Nokia purchase and the Samsung Facebook rumors), but since it isn’t a confirmation or a hint, we will hold off on speculating too much and will wait this one out. So what do you guys think? Are you looking forward to playing Gran Turismo on the PS Vita or do you think that some games just aren’t meant for handhelds?
- 2014-04-08 Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-03-11 Gran Turismo 6 Update Introduces New Features
- 2014-02-09 Gran Turismo Documentary KAZ Is Now On YouTube
- 2013-12-12 Gran Turismo 6 Debut Not As Successful As GT5 In Japan
- 2013-12-10 Retailer Sends Free PlayStation Vita Units, Then Threatens Legal Action
- 2013-09-19 Gran Turismo Documentary Coming Your Way