With technology improving at a rapid rate, we’re starting to see that being incorporated into live shows and tours more than ever. This includes holographic projections of artists who have passed (i.e. Tupac and Elvis), along with LED lights shaped that the bodies of dancers, so we guess dancing robots did not exactly come as a surprise. In South Korea, Dongbu Group has announced that they will be release robots that look and dance like the country’s famous K-pop (Korean pop) idols, such as Super Junior and Girls’ Generation.
The project dubbed “K-pop Star Robots” is a joint effort by Dongbu Robots, Intelligent Recreational Robots and Ocean Bridge E&T. These robots will come with a high-powered motor that allows them to bend 20 of their joints, ranging from their neck, their waists, their thighs to their hips which will help to simulate the fluid dance moves from these Korean pop groups. The K-pop Star Robots are expected to see a launch by the end of the year which means that at the moment, there aren’t any video examples to be had. So what do you guys think? Any particular musician/group you’d like to be seen made into a robot as well?
- 2014-03-10: Privacy Features To Be Embedded In Humanoid Robots
- 2013-06-18: Robot Bodies Could Make You “Immortal” By 2035
- 2013-01-31: Disabled Cat Gets Wheelie Legs From Student Robot Club
- 2012-12-21: Man Vs. Machine In Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots Cage Match
- 2012-12-05: PacX Wave Glider Swimming Robot Arrives At Australia