So you have a pretty sweet TV at home, but with all the new fangled features that smart TVs these days are offering you might be tempted to fork out more money for a new smart TV, leaving your regular TV by the wayside. However if you don’t have the money for a brand new smart TV but you’d like the functionality for a fraction of the price, then this Kickstarter project dubbed “Pocket TV” might be worth taking a look at!
Now we’ve all seen Android and mini computers stuffed into the size of a thumbdrive before and that’s exactly what Pocket TV is. It’s a thumbdrive with a male HDMI piece which you can use to connect to your TV. Once you do, you will be greeted by the stock Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich interface and will have access to apps on the Google Play store as well as other features of the Android 4.0 operating system.
Purchasing the Pocket TV will also come bundled with a custom remote control for navigating the interface and there will also be an app for Android and iPhones (ironic, we know) that will allow you to control the TV as well. The Pocket TV packs 512MB of RAM, a 1GHz single-core processor and 4GB of internal storage.
At this time of posting, Pocket TV has managed to raise $79,000 and with 34 days to go, we can imagine that it should have no problems hitting its $100,000 goal. Details on the project can be found at the Kickstarter page, or you can check out the video above for a demonstration.
- 2014-04-11 Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10 Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09 CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07 Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06 Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10