So you think that the recently released Samsung Galaxy S3 is the bee’s knees? Well, think again, as Samsung certainly does not look as though they are about to rest on their laurels. In fact, the South Korean conglomerate has its fair share of patents revealed recently, where among them include a multidisplay solution that will cater for users who are always on the go. This particular invention intends to offer a portable communication device with more than one display unit, where these will be able to rotate stepwise thanks to a sophisticated multi-axis hinge. This new invention looks set to see action in smartphones, portable media players, MP3 players, digital broadcasting players, Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs), and smartphones amongst others.
Of course, having more than one display is always the dandy thing to do at this point in time, but bear in mind the inclusion of another display would translate to an additional burden on your device’s battery – so solving the battery issue is also another problem that Samsung might want to look into for the long term.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test