At this moment, four of the major carriers in the US along with US Cellular are set to release the Samsung Galaxy S3. Will the other smaller carriers be joining them in the future? While that remains to be seen, if you’re a subscriber on US Cellular’s network, you will be pleased to learn that the carrier has officially announced the Galaxy S3. While pricing has yet to be revealed, it is safe to presume that they will be charging the same as the other carriers which is $199.99 for the 16GB version and $249.99 for the 32GB version.
Customers can start to pre-order the handset come 12th of June but the downside is that unlike the other major carriers, US Cellular will only be releasing the Galaxy S3 in July, although no specific dates were mentioned. If that’s fine by you, you will be able to find the same specs in US Cellular’s version of the Galaxy S3 that you can find in the other carriers. This means that users will get a 4.8” Super AMOLED display, a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor, 2GB of RAM, an 8MP rear-facing camera, a 1.9MP front-facing camera and will come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich preinstalled. Customers can head on over to US Cellular’s website to sign up to be notified on updates pertaining to the phone.
Next Story: Verbatim unveils portable charging solutions
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-06: Galaxy S5 For Verizon And US Cellular To Get Additional Anti-Theft Features
- 2014-03-21: US Cellular Galaxy S5 Pre-Orders Begin 21st March, Includes $50 Google Play Promotional Code
- 2012-06-03: Samsung Galaxy S3 will be headed to five carriers in June
- 2012-05-30: Samsung Galaxy S3 appears to be headed US Cellular's way as well