If you’ve been holding out from picking up the Galaxy S3 because you wanted the larger 64GB version, it looks like you might not have to wait anymore. According to reports online, it looks like the 64GB version of Samsung’s flagship Android device has been cancelled by Samsung – at least in the UK. GSMArena reported that a reader contacted them saying that his pre-order for the 64GB Galaxy S3 was cancelled by Expansys because Samsung has decided not to release the unit.
We don’t have any confirmation whether it is true, and whether it is a UK-only cancellation and not for the rest of the world – but in the event that it turns out to be cancelled, it looks like you’ll have to settle for the 16GB version. With the Galaxy S3 having a microSD card slot and memory cards available for cheap, it makes sense that not many people would want the 64GB version of the phone anyway.
Anyway, we’ll keep you posted when we find out anything new. Any of you have the 64GB Galaxy S3 pre-order cancelled on you?
Next Story: Kyocera Hydro coming to Boost Mobile next month
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected By End Of March
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2013-03-18: Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 To Get Android 5.0? [Rumor]
- 2012-10-31: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE model gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update
- 2012-10-17: Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean confirmed for “the coming months”
- 2012-10-15: Samsung UK confirms Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3
- 2012-10-15: Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update arrives in Sweden