Being an accessory manufacturer for the iPhone can be quite a lucrative position to be in, but only if you hit it big among the owners of Apple’s iPhone, of course. Well, it seems that third party protective iPhone case manufacturers are clearly going ahead of themselves by churning out a redesigned protective case that carries a taller 4-inch display, in addition to a smaller dock connector that gives the game away for Cupertino’s upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3 killer. Sorry, I could not resist that, but it is nice to describe things from the opposite side instead once in a while.
The new cases will be available from China’s TVC-Mall.com, depicting the aforementioned larger display in addition to a relocated headphone jack that now resides somewhere at the bottom of the device. Of course, the online store is savvy enough to provide a disclaimer, touting that they are unable to “guarantee this product can be used in iPhone 5 – which is to be expected, of course. All these manufacturers want is to gamble on the possibility of being ahead of the curve.
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2013-06-18: Cheaper iPhone Case Rumor
- 2013-03-28: Gridcase Reactor Is An iPhone 5 Case Which Features A Hand Crank
- 2012-09-05: Grove Wood Case For iPhone 5 Available For Pre-Orders
- 2012-03-13: iCA Military Edition iPhone case up for pre-order
- 2012-02-08: G-Form X Protect Case keeps iPhone safe from an 82mph slapshot